KSA Announces Summer Team tryouts for April 13th.
Saturday April 13 U20 age groups (boys and girls) will have the chance to participate in a National League over the summer of 2013. For these U20 teams, NCAA DI players can only try out on a school holiday and must communicate with KSA directors with level of interest. NCAA DII, DIII and NAIA players can attend our try outs if cleared to do so by college coach. While the tryouts take place at the JLTA facility (see schedule below), a full presentation to players and parents regarding this opportunity will take place. NO FEE to tryout!
- Girls: 6:00pm- 7:30pm
- Boys: 7:30pm- 9:00pm
Eligibility: U20 eligible players: Born on/ after 1/1/93
The Super 20 League is a national league run by the United Soccer Leagues, it gives players a chance to continue playing soccer at the highest level over the summer months. Players will train 2-3 times a week at the JLTA facility and play around 6- 8 games games at the weekends over the summer. The JLTA staff under the direction of Johnny Long will also run fitness sessions throughout the summer as part of this program.
For the price of an average summer camp:
- Players will train for up to 8 weeks 2-3 times a week
- Be given 2 x training uniforms (Match uniforms provided by KSA)
- Participate in high level games
- Will have available “time off” for summer vacation if needed.
- Games to be played May, June, July
- Training to start middle to end of May.
- Opportunity to play in the Super 20 National Finals in late July at IMG academies, Bradenton Florida (home of US U17 national residency program) in front of hundreds of college coaches.
- Chance to continue to develop over the summer monthsThe tryout process will consist of a presentation by KSA staff on the Super 20 League to parents while players participate in a tryout session. Players will be notified on the day as to their participation in the program.
For more information on the United Soccer League and their unique programs please visit their websites: